“8 year olds today have Facebook, Twitter, iPhones, & iPods. When I was 8, I had a coloring book, crayons and an imagaination.”
This is something that came up on my Twitter home page and I totally agree with it. Actually I even wrote something similar, but it was in Romanian.
Some obvious differences between generations:
1. Make more calls. Nowadays, we do make more calls.
2. Technology. As the quote suggests, there are many technological advances which affect people’s lives.
3. Expectations. Different generations have different expectations, whether it’s from a personal or professional point of view.
4. Dress to Impress. Compared to years ago, we do dress to impress which can be good or bad depending from the way you look at it.
5. Loyalty. Do people know what this means nowadays? I believe that its meaning changed completely.
6. Respect. Or should I say lack of respect?
7. Rewards. All they see is $$$.
8. Meaning of money. They not only see $$$ but they see it in a different way too.
These are, in my opinion, some of the obvious differences between generations. However, there are many, many others.